The Advocate’s Gateway Second International Conference
Date: 2 and 3 June 2017
Venue: The Law Society, Chancery Lane, London.
Organizers: The Advocate’s Gateway and funded by The Inns of Court College of Advocacy (ICCA)
Topic: Access to Justice for Vulnerable People
This conference will explore the access to justice through the combination and expansion of interdisciplinary research and practitioner knowledge to encourage innovation and best practice. The aim is to support an international network to enhance access to justice and the removal of barriers for effective participation of vulnerable people in the justice system.
The conference programme will include keynote addresses, plenary sessions, panel and breakout sessions on the following issues or themes:
· International perspectives of vulnerability
· International Innovations and legal rights and responsibilities of the parties
· Women in Criminal Justice system
· Young defendants
· Autism and Communication
· Comparative Responses to vulnerability
· Special measures and the role of intermediaries
· Developments in criminal justice proceedings
The Website link is http://www.theadvocatesgateway.org/conferences/2017-conference